Friday, 22 February 2013

Fitness Freak Friday - Week 4 - the one where Mr Hausfrau finally joined me in my quest to be fit and fabulous!






This week saw Mr Hausfrau joining me for exercise. About time! Hmmm, no that's a bit rough. The poor bugger works 6 days a week, over 60 hours, and doesn't really have time for much else!

So when he suggested that he'd liked to take up riding with me I jumped at the chance! His new bike was ready for collection  last Thursday (Happy Valentines Day honey) so we got to test it out this week. Sundays will now be "Sunday Ride Day". A ride  with a stop for coffee and brekky sounds like a fabulous idea to us!



Friday
5km run on the treadmill

Saturday
Open water swim session held by TriEvents WA for the upcoming SunSmart Women's Triathlon

Disappointed with my effort at the swim so took myself to the gym and held my own little mixed up tri

7km ride
3km run
300m swim

Sunday
A nice slow paced 13km ride with Mr Hausfrau along the Swan River. Just for him to "find his wheels" and get comfortable with his new bike and the gears. So happy that he suggested he would like to start riding with me!  Just need to find a nice route now with a cafe for breakfast before the ride home. 
If you're a Perth person and know of a nice place that's bike friendly around the river let me know!!

Monday
Sick
No exercise - unless you count a little walking to and fro - oh and exercising my fingers on the keyboard last night.
 

Tuesday
Brick session in the gym. 7km ride then 3km run

Body Balance class


Wednesday
1km swim

(350m freestyle, 300m pull buoy, 350m freestyle. 30 second rest in between)


Thursday
1km sprint to warm up

Weight session
2km run
Followed by a big stretch session in the steam room
 

Are you part of #OperationMOVE yet?? No? What are you waiting for??? Get your body moving!!!

What did you do this week???
Does your partner exercise with you??













You can also follow me on
Twitter | @AussieHausfrau
Instagram | @aussie_hausfrau

If you've been following me on facebook you may or may not know that I have registered for a 220km bike ride  for the Perth Ride to Conquer Cancer in 2013. This is a cause close to my heart as I have lost some very special people to this horrible disease. As part of my entry I need to fund raise a minimum of $2500 to take part in the actual ride. I really hate asking for donations but I've been told that it's the only way! Do you have a spare $2? Every little bit helps. All money raised will go directly to support cancer patients and their families and all donations $2 and over are tax deductible. Thank you!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, that's a heap of great exercise, I feel very lazy by comparison!! Well done you. I did a big swim and raised money for Cure Cancer Australia, feels very good to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's awesome Seana! I've only recently learnt to swim so I don't think I'll manage a "big swim" - anything over 1km and I'd struggle! What swim is it??
      I'm looking forward to my Ride to Conquer Cancer later this year!!

      Delete

Go on, leave me a comment. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! {I've removed "Anonymous Users" as I was getting waaaaaay too much stupid spammy comments!}