Geez I've been a slack arse blogger! For that I apologise.
In my defence I've had a house full of people since Christmas Day - we celebrated at home this year and made the family do all the driving to come to us for a change. Then we had German family arrive at 5am on Boxing Day so we've been busy entertaining ever since! Beaches, parks, Zoo visits, city views, outback adventures, Margaret River tours, restaurants and most importantly, drinking drinking drinking!!!!
Yesterday was spent driving to Margaret River with the Germans following behind, to set them up for a few days touring the area. Spent the day eating, drinking and hitting the beaches. We couldn't stay (damn dog) so we drove home last night, Mr Hausfrau driving and me trying extremely hard not to fall asleep. Many failed attempts were had! Got home just in time to pop the Champagne and wait for the televised fireworks. TOTAL FAIL. Dozed off and woke to the feeling of my Champagne pouring all over my lap!! Doh! It was the real stuff too!!
I was in bed at 2345 and asleep by midnight. Oh how the tables have turned. Usually Mr Hausfrau is the one snoring while I watch the fireworks and drink the last of the Champagne!
Anywho - that's no excuse for my bad blogging attendance so without further ado - I give you my list of New Years Resolutions!!!
1. Write a list and actually stick to my new years resolutions.
2. Lernen, fließend Deutsch sprechen (Learn to speak fluent German)
3. Get further ahead with my studies.
4. Take the blog to new heights ;)
5.Fitness! Fitness! Fitness! (This needs a list all for it's own - come back later for details)
6. Write a fitness list post for people to come back to.
7. Make travel plans. Germany would be nice.
8. Be a more social friend. More catch ups with friends!! (read: more wine time with friends)
9. Spend more time with the family. This is my sisters last year in Perth before heading back over east - I guess that'll mean she'll take my nieces and nephew with her? :(
10. Be more organised. (LOL - not gonna happen but I was short one!)
and just for shits and giggles
11. Remember to write 2013 and NOT 2012!!
What's your New Year Resolution/s?
Do you do them?
More importantly, do you stick to them?
I usually don't. But if my lil' sis could go the WHOLE of 2012 without ANY McDonalds, HJ's, KFC or store bought pizza then I sure as hell should be able to do at least ONE thing from my list!!
I'm sure I'll have a good chuckle in a years time when I look back and realise that I aimed too high ;)
So? Where's your list? Share them with me!
You can also follow me on
facebook | www.facebook.com/TheAussieHausfrau
Twitter | @AussieHausfrau
Instagram | @aussie_hausfrau
If you've been following me on facebook you may or may not know that I have registered for a 220km bike ride for the Perth Ride to Conquer Cancer in 2013. This is a cause close to my heart as I have lost some very special people to this horrible disease. As part of my entry I need to fund raise a minimum of $2500 to take part in the actual ride. I really hate asking for donations but I've been told that it's the only way! Do you have a spare $2? Every little bit helps. All money raised will go directly to support cancer patients and their families and all donations $2 and over are tax deductible. Thank you!!