Tuesday 19 February 2013

ATTACK OF THE GREEN EYED MONSTER - or the lesser known title of "Why I'm likely to be bitchy to Mr Hausfrau in March"


By now you all know why I'm the Aussie "Hausfrau" don't you??

No?

Ok here's the low down!

Mr Hausfrau is German. I'm Australian born and bred. I'm married to him. I'm The Aussie Hausfrau.

haus·frau  

Noun
  1. A German housewife.
  2. A woman regarded as *overly efficient.


*I'm pretty sure they screwed up with point 2. I'm definitely NOT "overly efficient"

Get it now? Haus is German for House. Frau is German for Wife/Mrs/Woman

Hausfrau = House Wife 

Phew. I'm glad we have that sorted.




So if you follow me on Facebook you may remember a couple of weeks back I was "Sipping on French Champagne and celebrating Mr Hausfrau's awesome news"

Well the lucky bugger **won a trip to Germany through his work! Sans me!!! That part I can handle, you know, 'cause it's a "work trip" and I'm a supportive wife and all that crap. BUT while there he's taking an extra week or so off and will be off to visit MY Schwiegermutter (Mother in Law) and MY Schwiegerbruder and his family (Brother in Law) AND MY Schwiegervater and family (Father in Law) AND I'M AS JEALOUS AS ALL BUGGERY!!! 


IT'S NOT FAIR GOD DAMMIT!! 
*breathe*



(Yes yes, it's his family. I know. I know. But I love them like my own!)

We had plans of me meeting him over there once his "business trip" is finished but alas, it just ain't doable. Things don't line up with kids v's their Dad taking them v's school holidays v's my Mum being off work.

So off he flys in 4 weeks time off to the land of beer and pretzels. Without me. For two weeks. Without me. By himself. Without me.

I'm thinking many a fight will be picked in the lead up. By me. I'm good like that.




In the meantime I'm milking it. Most conversations start like this. "Hey honey, you know how you're going to Germany soon. Can you please (insert whatever I need/want here)"

I'm also making a list of everything I want need brought back.

1. Black Forest ham. The real Black Forest ham.
2. A million gazillion pretzels
3. German beer and wine. At least 2 cases of each.
4. Wurstsalat. Lots and lots of Wurstsalat.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.



On the positive side. Guess who gets full use of the remote control and the entire space of the king size bed for 2 weeks?? ME! It's going to be fanfeckingtastic.

Now, if I can just stop that green eyed monster from roaring so much!



Would you be jealous too??
More importantly - can you think of anything I can add to my list?














You can also follow me on
Twitter | @AussieHausfrau
Instagram | @aussie_hausfrau

**As much as I'm super jealous I am also super duper proud of my spunky man. He won this trip because his car dealership was the 3rd best (for his brand) in the whole wide space of Australia for 2012!! Please also know that this is all written in jest. I'm not a cold hearted biatch and Mr Hausfrau read all this before it was published. Tongue in cheek people, tongue in cheek ;)

If you've been following me on facebook you may or may not know that I have registered for a 220km bike ride  for the Perth Ride to Conquer Cancer in 2013. This is a cause close to my heart as I have lost some very special people to this horrible disease. As part of my entry I need to fund raise a minimum of $2500 to take part in the actual ride. I really hate asking for donations but I've been told that it's the only way! Do you have a spare $2? Every little bit helps. All money raised will go directly to support cancer patients and their families and all donations $2 and over are tax deductible. Thank you!!




Linking up with Jess from Essentially Jess for #IBOT


















38 comments:

  1. I would be excited for all the bed space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am Cate! I'm going to miss him but geez I'm looking forward to all the extra "me" time!!

      Delete
  2. I would be jealous a bit, but I'd also be hanging for the trip to hurry up and get here. My hubby's family are all in the US and 2 Christmases ago he went over for 12 days without me & our son. I *loved* the time just me and Nick, but I was also a little resentful that he got 12 days "holiday" and we didn't! Funny post...love the "you know how you're going to Germany soon..." conversation starters! -Aroha #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely looking forward to spending some extra time with just the kids! If it was just a work trip I'd be totally cool with it - but going "home" without me? He. Will. Suffer!!!

      Delete
  3. Definitely jealous too!! Lucky bugger indeed!! But haha yes im sure you are so proud of him. Enjoy the extra bed space and easy meals for kids. I do enjoy when my husband is away lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yes Mandy!! Totally forgot about the benefit of no hubby here - easy peasy kid meals!!!!

      Delete
  4. I'd be jealous too, but yes, the extra bed space would be awesome.

    If my hubby was going away for 3 weeks I would be basking in the glory of the lack of fart jokes going on between him and the kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to bask in the glory of no beer cans left on the bench, right above where the bin is!!!! LOL

      Delete
  5. I'd be insanely jealous! And now I'm jealous of you because I've never had REAL Black Forest Ham..and it sounds like something I must have. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you must!! It is delicious!!!! *insert drool here*

      Delete
  6. I would be happy and jealous at the same time too! Three weeks is pretty awesome! He better bring back some awesome gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three weeks is a long time. I've never been away from Bearhands for that long before. I frankly can't imagine being in charge of the remote or not winding up with an elbow on my pillow in the middle of the night.
    Sounds like you're being a good sport. I'd be all "But what about meeeeeeee?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there's been plenty of whining on my part!! The longest I've been away from him is almost a week - so it'll be interesting! I'm thinking I'll miss him a little in the beginning and then again around the 2 week mark :) (as I'm sleeping all over the huge bed!)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. Oh, that is just not right!!!
    I think any trip overseas should include a ticket for the wife and babysitting services for the children (yes, I seriously think this).
    I've only ever had my husband go away once for a week. I bawled at the airport, absolutely mentioned his name in vain often and made him promise it would not happen again.
    Yes, I could be a crap wife, but that is my view and I am sticking with it :)
    Becc @ Take Charge Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No partners as it's a "business trip" :(
      They're touring the VW factories.... We were hoping that I could fly over to meet up with him after the work part but alas no, no spare funds plus $2000 is a lot to fly over just for a week or so :(

      Delete
  9. Oooh I would be so incredibly jealous! But I don't know enough about Germany to add to your list (lol) Hope you score some good pressies! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very jealous Kelly! If he doesn't return with my demands, err I mean gifts, I ain't picking him up from the airport ;)

      Delete
  10. You should be jealous!! We are hoping to visit Germany in the middle of the year so I am loving your list and the comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Carly let me know if you go!!!! Where are you planning on visiting??? I really recommend a visit to the south west near the Black Forest - absolutely gorgeous!!!

      Delete
  11. I would also be jealous - but not if A was going to our home country - I NEVER want to go back there !!! But if he went anywhere else overseas without me I would be very very jealous !!Enjoy the bed and remote while he is away !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I would be jealous! And dissappointed I couldn't experience it with him as well.
    Though I guess it's different if he actually comes from there....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you're right - for him it's just "going home" - like last year when I headed home to North QLD for the weekend for a wedding without him..... but that was for 3 days - this is 3 week - and overseas - and it's me that misses out, not him, so it's totally not fair ;) LOL
      Plus he'll get to eat all that yummy food and there'll probably still be snow!!!!!!!!!!! *breathe Toni breathe*

      Delete
  13. Ahhhh gawd - YES I would be jealous too!! Yep I would milk it too. Hmmm...I would be googling what wonderful goods one can get from Germany and if any take my fancy, I would add that to the list ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my god. I would be weeping from jealousy and disappointment. You are being very stoic I think! I would add glamorous things like expensive perfume and Campers shoes because they are cheaper in Europe. And any German biscuity related thing he could shove in his bag. I'm thinking of those puff pastry sugar numbers, schadenfreudes or whatever they are. Haha. What's that? They aren't called schadenfreudes? It's all German to me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Schadenfreud = Glee :) and not the singing type of glee :) More like the pleasure you get seeing someone elses misfortune :)
      There's soooooo many yummy German biscuity related things!! *insert drool*
      I'm thinking I'm going to get him to buy up big at the Dior counter in the duty free shop!!! :)

      Delete
  15. Congrats to Mr Hausfrau ... you say you'll enjoy having the bed to yourself etc but we know the novelty will wear off after a couple of days! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right Janet - I may actually miss him!!! :)

      Delete
  16. What a shame you couldnt do it together x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! But there'll be a next time and then I WILL go!!! :)

      Delete
  17. My husband's family is German too. We were just talking last night about heading there later in the year without the children. It would be my first trip there. I'm not a jealous person at all, so I would be focusing on the positives. Like, not having to cook dinner for him or do the washing etc. I love the freedom of being alone. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd be exactly like that little green dude Toni - JEALOUS! In saying that I would also love the time out - but then again the thought of being solo mum with 3 kids for 3 weeks - NOT SO MUCH! Em

    ReplyDelete
  19. German chocolate! Put that on your list! My cousin came to visit me 2 Christmases ago (She lives in Cologne) and brought stacks over. So good! And clothes from H&M! Enjoy that solo time!! Think of all the awesome pressies you'll get when he gets back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that you love your in-laws so much! And I love that image of the green eyed monster, very cute. But mostly I would love my husband to go away for 3 weeks! I would be looking forward to the bed space and the duty free too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave me a comment. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! {I've removed "Anonymous Users" as I was getting waaaaaay too much stupid spammy comments!}