Sunday 2 June 2013

Easy Peasy Green Thai Chicken Curry

There comes a magical time when your normally fussy "meat and potato only" eater daughter gets a taste for something different and totally blows you away with what she asks you to cook for dinner.


Swap the cat for PrincessBF and you get the idea. Credit image here



That time came for me a few months back when PrincessBF tried some Green Thai Chicken Curry at school , loved it, and asked me to cook it for her.

I've been cooking this recipe for years but only for Mr Hausfrau and I for date night but now it's a regular for the kids too - even Random Boy loves it and goes back for seconds.

Stuff that's in it
600g chicken breast cut into small pieces
1-2 cups of your choice of chopped veg (green beans, broccoli or zucchini works well)
1 tbsp peanut oil
1 medium onion, diced
2-3 tbsp green thai curry paste
1 tin coconut milk
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp brown sugar or coconut sugar (NOT palm sugar!)
1cup coriander
Jasmine rice to serve
Lime wedge to garnish


The Easy Peasy Method

  1. Heat oil in wok. Fry onions and paste for a minute or two.
  2. Add coconut milk and then fill tin with water and add that too
  3. Add chicken and veg and bring the boil. Reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
  4. Add the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar.
  5. Serve with rice and top with coriander and a wedge of lime



Notes
*You could substitute the chicken with prawns.
*I omit the onions and veg when cooking this for the kids as my daughter won't eat it otherwise
*Add less paste if doing it for kids (I just use 1 tbsp)
*You can mix half the coriander into the curry before serving and use the other half as garnish.
*I also add kaffir lime leaves when making it just for Mr Hausfrau and myself



Is there something that you didn't expect your kids to eat but they totally amazed you by eating???















You can also follow me on
Twitter | @AussieHausfrau
Instagram | @aussie_hausfrau

If you've been following me on facebook you may or may not know that I have registered for a 220km bike ride  for the Perth Ride to Conquer Cancer in 2013. This is a cause close to my heart as I have lost some very special people to this horrible disease. As part of my entry I need to fund raise a minimum of $2500 to take part in the actual ride. I really hate asking for donations but I've been told that it's the only way! Do you have a spare $2? Every little bit helps. All money raised will go directly to support cancer patients and their families and all donations $2 and over are tax deductible. Thank you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, leave me a comment. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! {I've removed "Anonymous Users" as I was getting waaaaaay too much stupid spammy comments!}