Monday 27 May 2013

{Meal Plan Monday}





Well Meal Plan Mondays are back. Fortnightly, 'cause that's how I roll. For how long they'll be back I don't know, but on Friday I sat on my arse all day I had some spare time on my hands so put together this fortnights meals in advance. Oh I have been doing meal plans but nothing concrete and definitley not in advance like I once did. More like half weekly.

So with footy training in full swing and now basketball taking up my Monday evenings I need to be more prepared. Mondays need to be quick foods and preferrably meatless and Tuesdays and Thursdays are perfect slow cooker nights after footy training! This fortnight most of my recipes are from my trusty Taste iPhone app. Some are old favourites and some are new, yet to be tried recipes.


Oh and I still have that "no working oven" thing going on.



Week 1

Monday - {Meat Free Monday} Potato & Roasted Garlic Soup

Tuesday - {Slow Cooker} Mediterranean Style Lamb Shanks

Wednesday - Green Thai Chicken Curry

Thursday - {Slow Cooker} Chicken Cacciatore

Friday - {Family Fun Night} Clean Home Made Pizzas

Saturday - Rigatoni with Italian Sausage & Broccoli Last minute BBQ at Mum's house ;)

Sunday - {Slow Cooker} Beef & Red Wine Casserole with Cheesy Dumplings



Week 2

Monday - {Meat Free Monday} Gnocchi with Spicy Tomato & Feta Sauce

Tuesday - {Slow Cooker} Beef Curry with Rice and Pappadums

Wednesday - Kangaroo Fillet with Salad and Baked Potatoes

Thursday - {Slow Cooker} Whole Spiced Chicken with  Sweet Potato Chips & Salad

Friday - Fish coated in Dukkah with Avocado Salsa {unless we head out for Date Night!!}

Saturday - Thai Beef Salad with Nam Jim

Sunday - Spaghetti Bol


I'll post some of these recipes and link them back to here in the next few days so check back if you're interested in any of them. If there's one you'd like but I don't link it please let me know and I'll put it up.


Do you use a slow cooker during the cooler months?

















You can also follow me on
Twitter | @AussieHausfrau
Instagram | @aussie_hausfrau

If you've been following me on facebook you may or may not know that I have registered for a 220km bike ride  for the Perth Ride to Conquer Cancer in 2013. This is a cause close to my heart as I have lost some very special people to this horrible disease. As part of my entry I need to fund raise a minimum of $2500 to take part in the actual ride. I really hate asking for donations but I've been told that it's the only way! Do you have a spare $2? Every little bit helps. All money raised will go directly to support cancer patients and their families and all donations $2 and over are tax deductible. Thank you!!



4 comments:

  1. Love your meal plan! I'm always amazed by people who plan a fortnight. I don't think I could do it.

    I just got a new 6L slow cooker for my birthday. Love it. With a newborn and a toddler it's so much easier to just chuck it in and let it cook :)

    Here's my meal plan for this week - http://www.thesmidy.net/flyingdrunkenmonkey/meal-plan-%E2%98%85-27th-may-2nd-june-2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do it 'cause if I don't plan I find myself visiting the shops every day or two and I spend waaaaaay too much money... I'm thinking of changing to monthly planning. That'll mean monthly shops for meat and groceries and then weekly for fresh fruit and veg... I buy bread and milk in bulk and freeze too - so much easier :)

      I love my slowcooker - wish I had one back when my kids were little! So handy!!! I do a double batch when I can and the left overs can be used the following week when I just can't be arsed to cook anything!! Heading to check out your plan now!!

      Delete
  2. I really really need to plan more!! Quick queston whats a clean pizza?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meal planning really does help Ann! I always feel so much more organised when I do it!

      Clean pizza is pizza make from a clean eating recipe I found. It's made on Mountain Bread instead of the usual flour dough base :) I'll post it once I've made it :)

      Delete

Go on, leave me a comment. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! {I've removed "Anonymous Users" as I was getting waaaaaay too much stupid spammy comments!}