Monday 10 September 2012

{Meal Plan Monday}




I had some extra time during the week to plan my fortnightly menu so I pulled out some of my trusty old recipe books and enjoyed flipping through all the tempting recipes instead of finding recipes the quick way on my trusty Taste iPhone app.



Week 1

Monday - {Italian Night} Chicken Parmigiana, Salad & Baked Potato

Tuesday - Lamb Kofta & Brown Rice Salad

Wednesday - {Easy Night - Mami's Night Off} - Omelettes

Thursday - Chicken Curry with Rice

Friday - Chilli Beef Stir Fry

Saturday - Cajun Spiced Chicken Burgers

Sunday - German Cold Cuts {meats, salads and bread}



Week 2

Monday - {Italian Night} Gnocchi in Carbonara Sauce

Tuesday - Pork Fried Rice

Wednesday - {Easy Night - Mami's Night Off} Fish n' Chips

Thursday - Chicken & Oyster Sauce Stir Fry with Noodles

Friday - {Family Fun Night} Home Made Pizza!!

Saturday - Broccoli & Garlic Bread Crumb Spaghetti

Sunday - Home Made Sausage Rolls


I'll post some of these recipes and link them back to here in the next few days so check back if you're interested in any of them. If there's one you'd like but I don't link it please let me know and I'll put it up.

How do you like to find new recipes? Books? Magazines? Internet?





 



You can also follow me on
facebook | www.facebook.com/TheAussieHausfrau
Twitter | @AussieHausfrau
Instagram | @aussie_hausfrau


4 comments:

  1. I love how you are so organized! I used to make a menu list to take shopping, and then found at the end of the day I couldn't really be bothered after working the whole day and getting home late so hubby and I usually just have quick snacky meals. I really only cook a proper meal on Friday, Sat & Sundays. I'm looking forward to your lamb kofta and am intrigued by the broccoli and garlic spaghetti - I LOVE garlic and would probably eat broccoli if it had garlic with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfft, organised? Na uh!

      Ok maybe with food but only because I realised just how much more money I was spending by shopping daily!

      What you need are some "short & fast" recipes!!

      The broccoli spag is one of those! I'll be sure to post it as well as the koftas...

      I really need to focus on my hausfrau duties today as they've been neglected this past week but I'm definitely going to put some recipes up later.

      I need to fiddle around with adding pages and stuff.... I don't like how if you create a new "page" you can only put one post on it???? I wanted a "recipe" page that I could post on!!!

      This blogging caper is addictive!!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm they all sound really yum i guess i can just leave meat out right! I need more veggies .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right!!

    Unfortuatley my daughter is a pain in the butt and will only eat potato as a veg! Grrrrr! She either picks the veg out, eats around it or goes hungry these days!

    So I try to do total meat free dishes when she isn't home :)

    But I'm thinking that I'm going to move Italian night to a Tuesday and make Mondays "Meat Free Mondays!" - should be interesting to find dishes that she'll eat too!

    Oh, I made a yummy potato and roasted garlic soup recently that she ate but with the cooler months coming to an end soup will fade off my menu :(

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave me a comment. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! {I've removed "Anonymous Users" as I was getting waaaaaay too much stupid spammy comments!}